We're hiring a Leadership & Representation Administrator! Click here for
more details about this exciting opportunity!
Leadership & Representation Administrator
Permanent role - 35 hours per week
UL Student Life is the representative body for over 19,000 students at the University of Limerick. We are currently recruiting for the permanent position of Leadership & Representation Administrator.
Main Purpose of the Role:
Support the Leadership & Representation office in the recruitment, engagement and training of all student representatives. The role is to provide administrative support to the Head of Leadership & Representation and the Student Representation Coordinator in the following areas of work:
- Class Reps
- Student Council
- Student Executive
- Student Officer Team
- Oversee and administer the Class Representative & Student Council elections.
- Produce reports on progress of elections i.e., number of reps elected and where gaps exist.
- Circulate the report to the Head of Leadership & Advocacy, Student President, Faculties Officer, Student Representation Coordinator, Student Academic Officer and PSU.
- Develop and launch UL Student Life Volunteer Program.
- Prepare annual meeting schedule for Exec, Council and Class Rep Forums.
- Record keeping and meeting preparation. Organise, attend and minute Council & Exec meetings. Prepare all Eventbrite invites for online events.
- Attend to “on-line” and “walk-in” queries from class reps and council members. Respond to and resolve enquiries and problems as appropriate.
- Ensure website and social media content is prepared and uploaded.
- Monitor the firstname.lastname@example.org email and email@example.com, and direct queries accordingly.
- Support the Student Representation Coordinator with Student Officer Elections.
- Liaise with the PVA office on all representation volunteering opportunities and approve hours submitted.
- Provide ongoing administrative support to the Leadership & Representation Office.
- Support the implementation of the Strategic Plan “Building On Success 2021-2024”
Essential Qualifications & Experience:
- A third level qualification in a relevant discipline
- At least 2 years recent experience of working with students in a third level environment is essential OR at least 2 years recent relevant experience of working in a customer service environment.
- Experience in dealing with sensitive / confidential material and awareness of GDPR.
- A familiarity with and understanding of UL Student Life’s work as well as our aims & objectives.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good administrative, organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise projects as appropriate and work to deadlines, as required.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Ability to work well in a busy and fast paced environment.
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- General understanding of social media
- Good IT skills and a familiarity with google docs, doodle polls and reporting
UL Student Life is the representative body for over 19,000 students at the University of Limerick.
Our Vision is to be a world-renowned trailblazing students’ body recognised for championing students and delivering the best university life experience. By taking an open, inclusive, and non-judgemental approach, we will create an environment enabling students to foster lifelong relationships during their time in university.
Our Mission is to continuously improve the lives of students by welcoming them into a friendly, fun environment that gives a real sense of belonging. We are committed to supporting the ever-changing needs of students in modern day society. As a team, we work together, listening, adapting and ultimately improving our students’ university life experience.
Our Values Student-led and student-centred; Committed to acting with integrity; Inclusive and welcoming; professionally organised; Collaborative; Innovative; Representative of all in UL; Responsive to students needs; Adaptive to students demands
At UL Student life, our aim is to bring our strategic plan ‘Building on Success’ to fruition. We aim to do this by committing to a collaborative approach between student bodies, third parties, our leaders and our team of dedicated staff.
Our strategic plan has been specifically created to support our mission to ‘continuously improve the life of students’. To support this mission, the EVOLVE competency framework model has been created at UL Student Life to ensure that each team member has the opportunity to deliver this strategy to the highest possible standard.
Through the implementation of this framework, it is envisaged that the delivery of strategic goals can take place in tandem with the development of each individual’s personal and professional goals, core skills and competencies. The 5 key behaviours and competencies we look for in our team are Creativity; Team Work & Collaboration; Self-Management; Communications and Student Centred.
We welcome applications from those who feel they possess these key competencies and behaviours.
Working at UL Student Life:
These is a permanent position with UL Student Life, 35 core office hours per week and a requirement for flexibility to work some additional hours and unsocial hours as and when required and will be based at the Student Centre, University of Limerick.
A salary scale of €28,142 to €39,857, will apply to the successful candidate and a probationary period.
UL Student Life offers you the opportunity to work in an exciting and progressive environment and enjoy great staff benefits including:
- A contributory pension scheme.
- Annual leave of 26 days pro-rata, exclusive of public holidays, company days and wellbeing days throughout the year and several other policies and benefits
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounted gym membership
Please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Outlining clearly, how your experience matches the essential and desirable experience and qualifications required for this role.
Please mark your application ‘Administrator Role’ in the subject field of your email
Closing date is 19th January 2024