Week 5 was representation week and a number of your student representatives from executive and council hit to the courtyard and library. The purpose of this was to encourage students to get involved for upcoming positions and to run for the upcoming elections.
Nominations are still open for President, Welfare Officer, and Academic Officer and close on Thursday the 28th of February. Get your nomination pack from reception. If you any questions for your current student officer team please feel free to drop into them or email firstname.lastname@example.org or talk to your current student officer team.
Voting Day takes place on Thursday the 7th of March (Week 7)
There will be polling stations in the:
- Student Courtyard
- Gems (North Campus)
The AGM took place on Wednesday 20th of February with 139 students in attendance.
- The following items were discussed.
- Audited Accounts which were presented by Ken O’Connor
- Constitutional Review: The proposal from Student Council to amend Constitution
- Change Interest Group names to:
- Equal Opps to Equality and Diversity Committee
- Experience to UL Student Experience Committee
- Recreation to Student Events Committee
- Executive Officer’s Reports and Questions
- UL Student Life Quality Review
- New Student Centre and Sports facilities – update
- Upcoming Elections –Student Officer, Exec and Student Council – nominations open Thursday 21st Feb, week 7, Election Day
- 7th March 2019 – https://vote.ulsu.ie
- Charity Week – Week 6
Visit https://www.ulstudentlife.ie/about/su-governance/ for full details on AGM
Back to Fresher Zone