UL Student Life, are currently recruiting for the following position:
Student Representation Co-ordinator
UL Student Life, is the representative body for over 14000 students. We are currently recruiting for the following position: Student Representation Co-ordinator. The Student Representation Coordinator is part of the Student Leadership & Representation Team. The position is full time, core office hours with a requirement for flexibility to work some unsocial hours as and when required.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Recruitment and management of student representatives i.e. Class Representatives and Council members
- Co-ordination and implementation of the National Student Engagement Programme NStEP in collaboration with UL
- Co-ordination of annual Student Representative Elections and Referendums
- Supporting the work of the elected Sabbatical Team
- Facilitating information sharing with UL staff and other Students’ Unions
- Advising on local, national and international current affairs that are relevant to students
- Advising on lobbying for student causes
- Membership of the Student Leadership & Representation Working Group, implementing the UL Student Life Strategic Plan
- General administrative duties, agenda and minute management, scheduling meetings etc.
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- A third level degree
- Excellent Proficiency in MS office – word, excel, PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience of working with students in a third level environment
- Political awareness of Irish and European politics.
- A strong interest in current affairs
- An in-depth knowledge of how Universities and Students’ Unions work
- A proven track record of commitment to equality, diversity, student representation
- A good understanding of what student representation and leadership means
- Ability to work flexibly, manage working time effectively, prioritise projects appropriately and sets realistic timescales
This is a full time position within UL Student Life, is part of the implementation of our Strategic Plan “Taking Giant Steps 2016-2020” and will be offered on an initial 12 month contract. Salary scale €32,769 – €44,742
To apply please email a letter of application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org mark your application as “Representation Co-ordinator”.
Closing date is Wednesday January 9th 2019 at 5.00pm
Informal enquiries to Gillian O Gorman at the above email.