Student information & Support Co-ordinator
UL Student Life is the representative body for over 16000 students at University of Limerick.
The Student Information & Support Coordinator (SISC) provides high quality and professionalised information, advice and supports to members of the UL student body. The service offers a ‘single point of contact’ within the Student Centre for all students to come with challenges impacting their levels of engagement, success, retention and welfare while in University of Limerick. At present students can access the service via email, phone, virtually or in-person on an appointments basis while additional face to face appointments and drop-ins were also an essential part of the service prior to Covid-19.
The role was created in 2016 to offer a more professional and consistent case-management service to address the complex issues that can affect students throughout their time at college. In addition, SISC offers the elected student officers an internal referral pathway for students who approach them directly.
The service is a two pronged offering:
1. Direct service provision
2. Sign posting and referral service
The Information & Support service has grown significantly over the last 2 years and UL Student Life are now recruiting a second Student Information & Support Co-ordinator to join the team in early 2021 to meet growing demand and increasing student numbers.
The position is full time, core office hours with a requirement for flexibility to work some unsocial hours as and when required. Initially there may be a period of remote working due to Covid-19
Additional roles and responsibilities include:
- Development and implementation of the Student Information & Support Charter
- Assessment and processing a number of student aid packages
- Outreach clinic across the campus and elsewhere
- Student Officer training and mentoring on the Student Support model
- UL Student Life staff training on the Student Support model
- Promotion of the UL Student Life Student Information & Support service to UL staff and other stakeholders
- Recording and interpreting Student Case Work trends
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- A 3rd level degree in a relevant discipline is essential
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a support/project worker role or in similar environment
- Experience of working with students, young adults, preferably in a 3rd level or community environment
- Training and experience in project work, support work, advocacy/advice, case management.
- A proven track record of commitment to equality and diversity
- Knowledge of support services and organisations relevant to 3rd level students and adult learners
- An established knowledge of diverse support services in the area of education, mental health, accommodation etc.
- An empathetic approach to listening, advising and problem solving.
- Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Experience or involvement with a student representative or similar membership organisation is desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work flexibly, manage working time effectively, prioritise projects appropriately and sets realistic timescales
This is a full time position with UL Student Life and will be offered on an initial 12-month contract. A salary scale of €34,009 – €46,435 will apply to the successful candidate following the satisfactory completion of a probationary period.
To apply please send an email application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly outlining how your experience matches the essential and desirable experience and qualifications required for this role
Initial interviews will take place via video call during the week commencing January 18th
Please clearly mark your application ‘Co-ordinator’
Closing date is Tuesday January 12th 2020 at 5.00pmBack to Fresher Zone