UL Student Life is the representative body for over 17000 students at University of Limerick.
We are looking for a creative and confident Content & Communications Coordinator to join the team at UL Student Life. This new role will be key in strengthening our online presence and improving student engagement with the organisation. The successful candidate will develop content to drive two-way conversations, increase awareness of the work of UL Student Life and in turn help us better understand student needs.
This role will be our in-house journalist; planning and delivering content that speaks to our varied audiences. You will build strong relationships across the organisation and the University, writing creative copy and curating innovative social media content. Using your in-depth knowledge of social media, you will be aware of emerging trends across all platforms and create content that attracts and retains the interest and attention of our students.
You will work closely with colleagues across UL Student Life, including our Student Officer Team, to support them to reach more students and deliver key messages. This role is integral to supporting the diverse work that UL Student Life does – everything from representation, campaigns, events, activities, information and support.
The ideal candidate will have a flair for creative writing for a variety of topics and channels, a strong passion for social media and help to develop and embed the Student Life personality and brand. If you are creative, confident, and self-motivated, this is a great opportunity to make a role your own!
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Assist in the creation of a communications and content plan, to support the team in the delivery of key events and activities, such as Fresher’s Week, Welcome to the Pack Week, Charity Week, Student Officer Elections and Campaigns.
- In partnership with the Digital Media & Promotions Co-ordinator devise a social media content calendar to ensure regular, timely and impactful content across these channels
- Build networks with student groups including the student newspaper- An Focal, the student podcast team, the student radio team ULFM, and external partners to develop opportunities for content collaboration
- Utilise student feedback and engagement for content to continue to improve and develop our output and channels
- Work with the Student Officer team to promote their public profiles and provide support on
- Stay up to date with what is happening across Student Life, University of Limerick, the city and wider student movement to stay current and spot positive PR opportunities and content
- Actively seek opportunities for sharing organisational wins from each department and releasing through blog posts, news releases, social media posts, and or other forms of
Content Creation & Curation
- Ensure timely, relevant and engaging content for our social channels & platforms, including blogs, website, social media and news releases
- Take responsibility for drafting and releasing all news releases for the organisation, taking input from relevant staff team members as required
- Write, proof and edit a variety of digital communications across the organisation, such as blogs and web content to ensure brand and tone of voice is consistent and correct
- Attend student events to capture photos and video content to use for marketing purposes and provide live social media coverage to a high standard
- Work with our Digital Media & Promotions Co-ordinator and our media team to turn copy into engaging, high-quality assets
- Have your finger on the pulse for all latest trends for the student audience and evaluate their feasibility without audiences and available resources
- Be aware of shareable, engaging content, sourcing content from external channels to build an engaged following and boost our content on social media
- Work across the staff team to gather student data from our work that can be used for campaigning, advocacy and lobbying on behalf of students
- Establish and work with student and staff social ambassadors in gathering stories and content
- Regularly monitor and report on content to inform improvements and innovations
- Monitor and moderate social posts and comments and respond or escalate to the Management Team
- Support key events throughout the year as outlined above, when necessary
- Proactively work to ensure the organisation’s commitment to diversity and inclusion is
expressed in all outputs
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, or related
- Minimum of 3 years’ full-time relevant experience in a communications, journalism or relevant role.
- Extensive experience working in the field of journalism, public relations, communications or campaigning
- Excellent communications skills (both verbal and written) including writing and storytelling skills, with an understanding of brand tone of voice and writing for web and social.
- Strong understanding of the operation of print, broadcast, radio and social media
- Skilled in using new media and technology to promote a message or campaign
- Experience of developing and delivering communications plans campaigns with clear metrics of success
- Experience of, or strong understanding of, producing web content and an organisation’s
social media presence
- A passion for social media and keen to learn about new technologies and innovations
- Writing copy, editing, and proofreading for online media, demonstrating excellent attention to detail
- An engaging writing style and the ability to convey complex messages to a variety of audiences
- Good software knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop)
More about our team
UL Student Life is the representative body for over 16000 students at University of Limerick. Our Vision is to be a world-renowned trailblazing students’ body recognised for championing students and delivering the best university life experience. By taking an open, inclusive and non- judgemental approach, we will create an environment enabling students to foster lifelong relationships during their time in university.
Our Mission is to continuously improve the lives of students by welcoming them into a friendly, fun environment that gives a real sense of belonging. We are committed to supporting the ever- changing needs of students in modern day society. As a team, we work together, listening, adapting and ultimately improving our students’ university life experience.
Our Values Student-led and student-centred; Committed to acting with integrity; Inclusive and welcoming; Professionally organised; Collaborative; Innovative; Representative of all in UL; Responsive to students needs; Adaptive to students demands
At UL Student life, our aim is to bring our strategic plan ‘Building on Success’ to fruition. We aim to do this by committing to a collaborative approach between student bodies, third parties, our leaders and our team of dedicated staff.
Our strategic plan has been specifically created to support our mission to ‘continuously improve the
life of students.’
To support this mission, the EVOLVE competency framework model has been created at UL Student Life to ensure that each team member has the opportunity to deliver this strategy to the highest possible standard.
Through the implementation of this framework, it is envisaged that the delivery of strategic goals
can take place in tandem with the development of each individual’s personal and professional goals, core skills and competencies. The 5 key behaviours and competencies we look for in our team are Creativity; Teamwork & Collaboration; Self-Management; Communications and Student Centred.
We welcome applications from those who feel they possess these key competencies and behaviours.
Working at UL Student Life
This is a full-time position with UL Student Life with core office hours and a requirement for flexibility to work some unsocial hours as and when required and will be based at the Student Centre, University of Limerick, reporting to the General Manager
A salary scale of €34,509 – €46,935 will apply to the successful candidate and a probationary period.
UL Student Life offers you the opportunity to work in an exciting and progressive environment and enjoy great staff benefits including:
- A contributory pension scheme
- Annual leave of 26 days, exclusive of public holidays, company days and wellbeing days throughout the year and several other policies and benefits
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounted gym membership
To apply please send a cover letter and cv to email@example.com
outline clearly, how your experience matches the essential experience and qualifications required for this role
Please mark your application ‘Content Co-ordinator’ in the subject field of your email
Further enquiries about the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for application is Monday May 9th at 5.00p