Clubs & Societies Administrator
UL Student Life is the representative body for over 16000 students at The University of Limerick.
We are currently recruiting for a permanent position of a Clubs & Societies Administrator
We are currently recruiting for a permanent position as a
Clubs & Societies Administrator.
The main purpose of this role
The Clubs & Societies Administrator plays a key role for the Clubs & Societies Department as part of UL Student Life operations at the Student Centre, in the provision and delivery of information and support to the student body. The main purpose of the role is as follows,
- Support the Clubs & Societies Department in the administration and support of student-led Clubs & Societies.
- Support the Clubs & Societies Department on the delivery of the objectives as outlined in the UL Student Life Strategic Plan 2021-2024 “Building on Success” https://www.ulstudentlife.ie/strategic-plan/
- Utilizing the UL Wolves website www.ulwolves.ie for the delivery of a high-quality student-centered administrative service to the Student Clubs & Societies. It has multiple embedded functionality (no programming required) to complement service delivery in a number of keys areas
Key responsibilities include
Providing a welcoming, efficient, helpful, and informative first point of contact for all students, staff, and visitors to the UL Student Life Clubs & Societies Department
- Administrative support to the Head of Student Engagement & the Clubs & Societies Coordinator
- Facilitate “on-line” and “walk-in” queries relating to Clubs & Societies on a daily basis.
- Record keeping and meeting preparation. Organise, attend and minute weekly meetings i.e. C&S Department Meetings, CS Council Meetings & Clubs & Society Executive Meetings.
- Prepare an annual record of meetings, policy and procedural updates.
- Help Desk for Administrative support for the Clubs & Society Recruitment Drive Semester 1 & Semester 2
- Orientation Week Presentations to fresher’s about Clubs & Societies
- Deliver/Facilitate training workshops as they pertain to the role of C&S Administrator to complement Clubs & Societies committee support
- Facilitate room bookings in the University of Limerick for Clubs and Societies by liaising with UL Student Academic Services.
- Annual processing of Clubs & Societies budgets which is part of the functionality of the UL Wolves Website (Summer)
- Administer Weekly spending of individual Clubs & Society budgets/finance requests and processing payments
- Clubs & Societies Vehicle Administration – this includes taxation, servicing, inspection, scheduling driver training, maintaining driver database, daily bookings for three vehicles.
- Support & Administer communication plan for the C&S Dept. – Social media posts and updates as required including administering “Slack” as an internal communications solution with the Clubs & Societies Executive
Essential qualifications & experience
- A third level qualification in a relevant discipline
- At least 2 years recent experience of working with students in a third level environment is essential OR at least 2 years recent relevant experience of working in a customer service
- Experience in dealing with sensitive / confidential material and awareness of
- A familiarity with and understanding of UL Student Lifes work as well as our aims &
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Good administrative, organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise projects as appropriate and work to deadlines, as required.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including Outlook, Word and
- Ability to work well in a busy and fast paced
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own
- General understanding of Social Media
UL Student Life is the representative body for over 16000 students at the University of Limerick.
Our Vision is to be a world-renowned trailblazing students’ body recognised for championing students and delivering the best university life experience. By taking an open, inclusive and non- judgemental approach, we will create an environment enabling students to foster lifelong relationships during their time in university.
Our Mission is to continuously improve the lives of students by welcoming them into a friendly, fun environment that gives a real sense of belonging. We are committed to supporting the ever- changing needs of students in modern day society. As a team, we work together; listening, adapting and ultimately improving our students’ university life experience.
Our Values Student-led and student-centred; Committed to acting with integrity; Inclusive and welcoming; professionally organised; Collaborative; Innovative; Representative of all in UL; Responsive to students needs; Adaptive to students demands
At UL Student life, our aim is to bring our strategic plan ‘Building on Success’ to fruition. We aim to do this by committing to a collaborative approach between student bodies, third parties, our leaders and our team of dedicated staff.
Our strategic plan has been specifically created to support our mission to ‘continuously improve the life of students’. To support this mission, the EVOLVE competency framework model has been created at UL Student Life to ensure that each team member has the opportunity to deliver this strategy to the highest possible standard.
Through the implementation of this framework, it is envisaged that the delivery of strategic goals
can take place in tandem with the development of each individual’s personal and professional goals, core skills and competencies. The 5 key behaviours and competencies we look for in our team are Creativity; Team Work & Collaboration; Self-Management; Communications and Student Centred.
We welcome applications from those who feel they possess these key competencies and behaviours.
Working at UL Student Life
This is full-time position with UL Student Life, with 35 core office hours per week and a requirement for flexibility to work some additional hours and unsocial hours as and when required and will be based at the Student Centre, University of Limerick.
A salary scale of €25,553 – €35,874, will apply to the successful candidates and a probationary period.
UL Student Life offers you the opportunity to work in an exciting and progressive environment and enjoy great staff benefits including:
- A contributory pension scheme
- Annual leave of 26 days pro-rata, exclusive of public holidays, company days and wellbeing days throughout the year and several other policies and benefits
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounted gym membership
To apply please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com
Outlining clearly, how your experience matches the essential experience and qualifications required for this role
Please mark your application ‘Clubs & Societies Administrator’ in the subject field of your email Closing date is Monday 31st January at 5pm
Informal enquiries about the role to Head of Student Engagement, Mr Paul Lee at Paul.Lee@ul.ieBack to Fresher Zone