Who are Footprint Underwriting?
Footprint Underwriting is a dynamic and innovative Underwriting Agency founded late 2012 and based in Sandyford, Dublin 18.
Comprising of a team of highly skilled and experienced people, we aim to provide competitive insurance products with market leading cover and service.
As an Underwriting Agency we work alongside, and on behalf of, quality rated Insurers. Under a delegated authority we perform both Underwriting and Claims Handling functions – undertaking a variety of activities including:
- Portfolio pricing and underwriting,
- Portfolio analysis,
- Product distribution,
- Policy management and
- Claims management.
We pride ourselves on delivery providing a quality service to our Insurers, our Brokers and our Policyholders and Claimants. To provide a consistently great service, we need great people.
If you want to join a dynamic and growing team, with commitment to your development, read on.
As a Claims Handler you will be responsible for the proactive management of your own caseload, role modelling company values at all times. As an integral member of the Claims Team you will support your manager in the development and application of optimal claims practices that both improve the efficiency and accuracy of claims handling, whilst providing a high level of customer service and adhering to quality and regulatory requirements.
The Claims Handler will support the Claims Manager in delivering a high-quality claims service through:
- Proactively handling claims in a professional, consistent and courteous manner – including:
- Prioritisation of own caseload to meet deadlines, whilst providing a high standard of customer service;
- Analysing the details for each claim made by a policyholder to establish whether it satisfies policy conditions;
- Drawing on technical expertise to determine and apply effective claim strategies, tailored to the circumstances of each individual file: including – consideration of required investigations, liability, quantum, fraud, negotiation and any other relevant factors;
- Ensuring accurate information and documentation is collected and recorded throughout investigations;
- Ensuring claims files remain at all times accurate and up to date;
- Liaising with solicitors, and other legal and claims professionals, to negotiate the terms of a claim to a successful outcome;
- Focussing on controlling claim cost whilst meeting customer expectations; and
- Acting within agreed authority limits.
- Developing effective working relationships with:
- Third party experts in order to achieve successful claim outcomes and provide great customer service;
- Footprint’s network of approved repairers; and
- Footprint’s network of authorised brokers.
- Assisting team members with FNOL notifications when required.
- Collaborating, co-operating, and supporting the team in order to achieve internal goals and objectives.
- Supporting the Claims Manager in developing a team with a high-performance culture that constantly seeks to improve.
- Supporting the development of a culture of compliance – ensuring regulatory, governance and quality standards are adhered to.
- Meet all MCC/CPD requirements annually.
- Any other activities as required.
Interested candidates can submit their Cover Letter and C.V to the HR manager – firstname.lastname@example.orgBack to Fresher Zone