Belong to the Pack C&S Logo Campaign
UL Student Life is embarking on an important creative campaign to unite all clubs and societies, by helping all C&S groups to integrate the UL Wolf as part of their branding. Right now, approximately 40 of our clubs and societies display the wolf as part of their logo. We want to enable others to do the same.
As part of our campaign we will offer all clubs and societies the chance to either:
- Update their current logo
- Design a brand new logo that incorporates the wolf brand.
To all those interested, we will be providing the support of a graphic designer AT NO COST TO THE CLUB OR SOCIETY. Our goal is to reinvigorate the wolf brand and empower all students to truly belong to the pack by wearing the UL Wolf on their gear and equipment.
By the end of this campaign we will create a visual asset which features all variations of the wolf logo, as part of a unifying Wolf Logo Cloud. This logo cloud will help visually link all the various iterations of the brand. This visual asset will feature on our website, social media and will be displayed on the wall of the new student centre when it officially opens.
To give you an idea of what’s possible, below are some mock-ups that were created by our designer.
- UL Student Life is reaching out to all 78 clubs and societies to offer them the chance to adopt the wolf brand. In doing this we want to further unite all organisations that come under the UL Wolves family.
- UL Student Life will provide the support of a graphic designer AT NO COST TO THE CLUB OR SOCIETY.
- While we want to unite all clubs and societies, we also support individuality. We want all logos to be unique to the specific club or society, with its own personality and flair.
- Once finished, we invite all clubs and societies to use their new logos on all gear and equipment, as well as in their online branding.
Belong to the Pack – Why the Wolf?
The wolf has become a key part of the UL brand, with our mascot Wolfie being named ‘University Mascot Rankings Champion’ on not one but two occasions. The wolf is a highly intelligent and social animal. It gets its strength from its sheer weight of numbers in the wolf pack. It is a formidable, powerful and fearless animal in nature and can overpower prey many times its size through its natural cooperative instinct. It can be strong and is capable of being supportive and caring in equal measure within the intimacy of the pack which might surprise many too.
All of these characteristics easily ebb and flow with the dynamic of Clubs & Societies in UL. At UL Student Life, we see the entire student body as one big community and we want every member to know that they belong to the pack.
Visual Asset in The New Student Centre Building
A visual asset will be created for our website and for use on social media that brings together all iterations of the wolf logo. This visual asset will be displayed on the wall of the new student building when it officially opens. We want your club or society to be included!
The Design Process
For all those interested we first ask that you talk to your committee representative internally.
- Talk to your committee representative internally.
- Decide in advance what it is that you might like to achieve, or what the basic idea is for your Club & Society to incorporate the UL Wolves into your overall identity.
- You need to have some clear thoughts or idea’s BEFORE you meet with the graphic designer. They will do the graphic design for you based on your ideas and conversations with them.
- Signal your interest in this campaign by filling in this form.
- The team at UL Student Life will then set you up to work with our graphic designer.
- We have a certain amount of design hours agreed upon with our designer. So come with your ideas ready to ensure a smooth design process.
Ready to Get Started?
To get involved in this vital campaign, please fill in your information here.