What is the constitution?
The constitution is the governing document of UL Student Life, it contains our objectives and outlines some of the processes which manage our democracy.
Original Document Passed April 2013, most recent Article Amendments was 26th of February 2020Constitution. (124 downloads)
What is the Management Committee?
The committee meets at least twice a year for the annual accounts and budget approval, with a further mid-year meeting for an update on the strategic plan and budget.
All three meetings require full attendance from external members, for students to be supported by their guidance.
The Chair is an external member, with a fixed term of office and rotation amongst externals.
Management Committee includes student representatives, the General Manager and three external members. For good governance, it is imperative that we have a minimum of three external members for expertise and guidance and to chair the meetings.
- At the first meeting of the year, the committee sets out the strategic pieces of work that need to be carried out. Subcommittees are established when and where required and disbanded when the work has been done.
- Management Committee reviews and approves annual audited accounts and the annual operational budget. It oversees and guides UL Student Life reserves and oversees the implementation of the strategic plan.
- The General Manager provides an update on the operational work done by staff between meetings, as per the strategic plan.
- Monthly accounts are produced, and the Financial Controller provides an update and answers queries.
- Company status change is reviewed.
- The chair supports and advises the General Manager, as and when required, and agrees agenda items and meeting documents.