Hustings for presidential candidates take place on Monday the 4th of March in Jean Monnet DG 016
Elections Take Place on Thursday March 7th There will be Polling stations set up in:
- The Student Centre
- Kemmy Business School
- Gems (North Campus)
If your not on campus you can still vote just log on to https://vote.ulsu.ie
Presidential ManifestosJack Scanlan Manifesto (93 downloads) Leo McKenna (74 downloads)
Welfare Officer Candidates
Welfare Officer Manifestos
Academic Officer Candidates
Academic Officer ManifestosColin Lynch Manifesto (57 downloads)
What is the constitution?
The constitution is the governing document of UL Student Life, it contains our objectives and outlines some of the processes which manage our democracy.
Original Document Passed April 2013, most recent Article Amendments was 7th Nov 2017Constitution (76 downloads)
What is the Management Committee?
The committee meets at least twice a year for the annual accounts and budget approval, with a further mid-year meeting for an update on the strategic plan and budget.
All three meetings require full attendance from external members, for students to be supported by their guidance.
The Chair is an external member, with a fixed term of office and rotation amongst externals.
Management Committee includes student representatives, the General Manager and three external members. For good governance, it is imperative that we have a minimum of three external members for expertise and guidance and to chair the meetings.
- At the first meeting of the year, the committee sets out the strategic pieces of work that need to be carried out. Subcommittees are established when and where required and disbanded when the work has been done.
- Management Committee reviews and approves annual audited accounts and the annual operational budget. It oversees and guides UL Student Life reserves and oversees the implementation of the strategic plan.
- The General Manager provides an update on the operational work done by staff between meetings, as per the strategic plan.
- Monthly accounts are produced, and the Financial Controller provides an update and answers queries.
- Company status change is reviewed.
- The chair supports and advises the General Manager, as and when required, and agrees agenda items and meeting documents.
What is a General Meeting?
All students are invited to attend UL Student Life General Meetings therefore giving each student an opportunity to find out what is going on in UL Student Life, to question the Union Officers and to instruct them on what needs addressing at the relevant meetings. UL Student Life belongs to the students; therefore the students are the decision makers.
There must be at least 100 students in attendance to pass a proposal. Voting is by a simple majority.
A General Meeting will take place once a semester.
Date of next General Meeting
The Annual General Meeting is happening Wednesday 20th February 2018, 6pm.
The Agenda and papers for the next general meeting: Coming soon!
Current UL Student Policies
Student CouncilUL Student Life-Student Council 2018/19 Meeting 2 16th October Minutes (43 downloads) UL Student Life - Student Council 2018/19 Meeting 1 2nd October 2018 Minutes (23 downloads)
Student Council 3rd April 2018 (20 downloads)
Student Council 13th March 2018 (15 downloads)
Student Council 27th February 2018 (12 downloads)
Student Council 13th February 2018 (11 downloads)
Student Council 30th January 2018 (12 downloads)
Student Council 21st November 2017 (12 downloads)
Student Council 7th November 2017 (12 downloads)
Student Council 24th October 2017 (12 downloads)
Student Council 10th October 2017 (11 downloads)